Tuesday, 26 March 2013

My 1st Response to René Magritte

 Rene Magritte photos use surrealist images; I saw the two glasses on the wooden table with the clouds reflected in the glass. So I tried to copy his images. I put the 2 glass on the glass table near by the window. Then I took the photograph at table-level. I used no flash because if I did use the flash, then you would see the bright flash bounce off the glass. Using Photoshop I put the clouds in the glass. I couldn't put the grass on the sky because the window line is disrupted by the frame of the window! Also there is a reflection on the table so I didn't want the reflection, therefore I have to provide a further response.

René Magritte photographs are very modern with lots of unusual designs, almost a photo within a photo that shouldn't be there.The photograph I preferred was the bird flying in the sky and inside the bird, there are clouds with the sky. My response to this was to take photographs of the hand then I used Photoshop. I cut out the hand and put it  on a background of the sky. Finally to give the desired effect I cut out the shape of the hand and put the whole image on a plain blue background.

René Magritte's images are very interesting and thought provoking. In this photograph it's like she is looking up to the sky and the reflection goes into the eye. I used the studio to take an image that was in focus and clear. I concentrated on  the model's eye and took a photograph. Using Photoshop on this eye image  I put the sky inside the eye. Finally I used auto level to make the sky bold and bright and striking. I think this is a very modern  photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment